Wednesday, February 18, 2009

mt. hood

While visiting Portland for Brooke's conference this past week, Townsend and I took some time to escape to the Cascades. This was his first hike/snowshoe, and you would think a 15 week-old puppy would get worn out on a 5 mile hike...but this pup totally proved me wrong.

Setting off.


He took some time getting used to the snow. He ate plenty of the ice chunks...


and found some interesting objects along the way.


Isn't this supposed to be a little higher?


Finally, we were on our way.


We hiked out along Tillapus Lake at the base of Mt. Hood. This is the view looking up at the (clouded over) mountain.


I enjoy getting out in the winter. Fortunately it was a beautiful 50 degree day!


I love how green this state stays even in the winter.


Townsend and I, about half way through our hike.


Isn't he handsome?


We had a great hike and saw some awesome scenery. I guess we can call this trip successful.


Did I say he wasn't worn out after the trip?....yeah. He pretty much passed out the second we got back in the car.

1 comment:

scott d said...

yeah... that's a good lookin' doggy.