it's about an hour boat ride over to cedar point. it's rather enjoyable during the day.
we take advantage of their starlight pass. basically half price, it gives you about five hours to get as dizzy as you can before the park closes.
here are a few artsy photos of the mantis. not the best, but will get your heading spinning and your knees aching:
we made it to all of the best [all we wanted to ride] roller coasters.
here's the 2008 list with commentary:
- millennium force [we will only right this after dark]
- maverick [follow my brother's instructions, 'keep your shit in your pockets!" during the ride, a nickel hit my foot and lodged between my foot and flipflop. it was not mine...i don't carry nickels. i gave it back to the guy in front of me.]
- cedar creek mine ride [it will blow your mind!]
- gemini [andrea's favorite... she could ride this all day!]
- magnum xl-200 [i've heard rumors that fabio's face got destroyed by a seagull on this ride...can anyone confirm this?]
- corkscrew [this gave andrea a nice bruise on her left bicep!]
- top thrill dragster [try screaming on take off. but if you choke...it's not my fault!]
- disaster transport [andrea convinced me that we needed to ride this...the scariest part about this ride was that if the cars stopped, nobody would find you for days!]
- raptor [one of andrea's favorites! your feet dangle and you spin upside down!]
after the coasters, we hit up famous dave's barbecue, which is dockside. after our stomaches are filled with beef, we get one final ride! the boat ride home in the dark! if you've never been out on lake erie at night, find some one experienced and try it out!
we had a lot of fun this year and already look forward to next year!