Sunday, December 30, 2007

blue manatee

Wow...how long did we live in Cincinnati...and we never knew about the Blue Manatee!? Granted, I assume we never stopped in, seeing that it's a Children's Bookstore and all, but they have an added on Coffee Shop with Organic, Fair Trade, and EXCELLENT coffee...especially when created by Cincinnati's own famous barista...Julia D!
I was so glad we had an hour (or two...or three) to stop by her work and hang out, catching up a little, in between watching her make coffee drinks for those crazy east-siders and their cute little children.
I (Andrea) love good friends. and I love good conversation with those good friends. That's why stopping by the Blue Manatee was a favorite stop for me on our 'drive-four-hours-to-cincinnati-and-visit-everyone-we-know' trip!


Me and my favorite barista, and friend, Julia



Julia, man-handling the espresso machine, making sure it creates the best espresso.
I think Julia is cool. She is passionate about many things, and when we get together, we get to talk about those many things, and that makes me like her more. I guess it's because we agree on a lot. and we disagree on a lot too...so we debate. I don't debate, unless it's with Julia.




Brooke (now sporting the winter beard) is completely impressed with Blue Manatee coffee. Not only do they have a good drink, but their logo is freaking sweet too.



Who knew that Brooke's favorite book, 'Blueberries for Sal' (AKA 'Bo Bo Dow') could be found outside the deep forests of Maine, where he bought his one and only copy, oh, so long ago!? Mom T....I could barely restrain him from reaching up and grabbing that copy that was on display!



I was just so happy to see my friend! Julia!...I can't wait for you to come visit out here...you will love it. Make sure to pack all that you need for your life...(which for you isn't much, I know) because you probably won't want to leave.
Thanks for good times, good laughs, and good coffee.
You're the best!!

3 comments:

Rustypants said...

sounds like you guys had a great time in cincy!

and the blue manatee has to be my favorite bookstore in the whole world. i could spend all day in there. we've not found a comparable bookstore here in pensacola (yet).

brk said...

after seeing 'blueberries...' i was wondering if they had 'one morning in maine.' can anyone confirm?

Blue Manatee said...

of course we have "One Morning in Maine!"
thanks for all of the kind words about our store and decafe...
hope to see you again soon!