Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Tom's Demise...aka: An Amazing Thanksgiving

this year we shared thanksgiving dinner here in washington with a couple from portland. andrea took it upon herself to prepare the entire entree...and it was amazing! here's how it unraveled:
andrea thought the turkey looked so cute that she
named it 'turkey tom.' too bad for tom...as you'll see!


little turkey tom's little right wing.


ouch! that must hurt turkey tom! is that a neck...or...
something else?!


woo! cleaning turkey tom out! where are the guts?
i didn't know you had to do this sort of stuff!


ewwwww...i found the gibblets...whatever they are!


i liked it when she started talking about 'brinning!'
i later found out that it meant to soak turkey tom
in salt water. i was disappointed.


you are on a "roll!" they were amazing!


we were joined for dinner with kris ann and jon.


that's kris ann carving turkey tom. we it was my turn
to play the 'dad,' i froze...i had no idea what to do.
i was glad there was a vet in the audience.


delicious!

my wife made the best thanksgiving dinner i think i've ever had! it was great to spend the evening with our friends jon and kris ann. after dinner we journeyed up a floor to their condo to enjoy a most delicious dessert and a game of scattergories! later we played a new game called 'mexican train' and enjoyed the company of wesley, bob, and paul. we missed our families, but we couldn't have asked for a nicer thanksgiving on the west coast!

3 comments:

Joe said...

That is so much fun for you guys. I went home to Cincy. I was so glad to be in my house and to see Brian.

It was so cold there. It made me realize why I wanted to move to Florida. I don't see how you guys do it. I can't stand the cold as I get older. However, we did build a fire in teh Fireplace. How nice it was to see the warm glow. That will be missed in homes down here.

Unknown said...

Dre

Hey home girl! I wish I could have tasted Turkey Tom. He looks yummy. And Brooke even said it was the best ever, you must have drugged him! HA! WE miss you SOOOOOO MUCH!
You should see the fat belly!

XOXO KRISTY

brk said...

Drugged me with delicious turkey to make me nap all afternoon!