Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ellensburg Rodeo 2008


what better way to spend a hot saturday afternoon
then to go to a rodeo!


we took a little time for the meet and greet.
for those that don't know, rodeos are one of andrea's
favorite things!


these guys were so noble.


this my friends, is call bare-back bronc bustin'!


these guys had no idea what the were in for!


cattle tackling;


cattle roping!



up next were saddle-back bronc bustn'.


through out the day i kept thinking about my college
roommate who left school to become a rodeo cowboy.


'half time.' the one arm bandit.


out came the barrel racing girls.


the funniest event of the day: cow milking!


really, they have to lasso and then milk the cows!
hilarious!


the rodeo finish off with bull riding! these guys are crazy...
both the riders and bulls!

we had a blast at the rodeo. we'll be sure to check back in next year!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowza! that looks like fun! i reckon lise and i are gonna have to look us up a rodeo down yonder in these thar parts!

Christy said...

I've never been to a rodeo. Now I feel that my life is missing something. :)

I hope life is going well waaaaay over there on the left of the map!

Anonymous said...

YOWEEEE! I didn't know that Andrea liked rodeos! You two should go to the Calgary Stampede! It shouldn't be too far from you.....just a weekend trip! :)

Anonymous said...

YOWEEEE! I didn't know that Andrea liked rodeos! You two should go to the Calgary Stampede! It shouldn't be too far from you.....just a weekend trip! :)

Mom T. said...

So how did I wind up anonymous not once, but twice?

Mom

Mom K2 said...

Yippy kiyo kiyay! We didn't know that Andrea liked rodeos either! (although Cowpoke Dad reminded me of all the rodeos that came to town in Perrysburg!)(NOT!) The main thing is ya'll had a good time!

Heartichoke said...

omg--you went to this and didn't tell us? We LOVE the Eburg rodeo! Next year we have a date!

andrea said...

sorry, I guess you 2 never struck us as the rodeo type. my bad. We know for next year! It's already on our calendar.

Heartichoke said...

ya, I heard from a friend last time I was there that an old high school buddy saw me and said, "she was with some weird goth guy--at a rodeo!" So you know, not everyone takes us for rodeo fans---but don't let our pasty skin fool you!