Thursday, May 1, 2008

Talus Rocks

I had a Thursday morning off, so I decided to take a walk in the woods...one of my favorite places to be. I headed out to Tiger Mountain and hiked through Talus Rocks.

The path winds through the woods on a cloudy day in Seattle.


I ran into a small herd of deer on the path. I don't know who frightened who first!


I found this little stream, also covered in moss and fern...two of my favorite things.


Further along the trail I ran into this beautiful steady flow of water cascading down the rocks. It was so simple yet so peaceful...


...I had to reach my hand in to cool off.


Finally I came upon 'Talus Rocks.' The path weaved throughout the rock garden, each one more interesting than the last.


A tight squeeze through the 'tunnel.'


Any days I can get outside makes me one happy girl:)


Especially when I get to play in the mud too!

3 comments:

brk said...

i'm glad you were able to get out, enjoy the outdoors, and play in the mud! you forgot to mention the puppy you saw!

i can't wait to hear about your next solo hike!

Joe said...

It all looks so peaceful. I like ferns too. We have them wild down here in our yard. So I mow around them.

I should send you pictures of our wild peacocks. Isn't it nice to experience other places other than cincinnati... even though I miss our friends and lunch on the square.

andrea said...

Yes, Joe, it is great to be able to experience places outside of all that you know. There is so much to see in our world.

I would love to see pictures of your wild peacocks! and your ferns in your yard! you and brian need to start your own florida blog.