Tuesday, January 8, 2008

REI ski trip to Snoqualmie Pass

One of the cool things about working at REI is all the fun adventures I take with my co-workers on our days off. This past Tuesday a few of us headed up to Snoqualmie Pass (where I-90 crosses through the Cascades) to hit the slopes.


Here's Yates getting the truck all chained up.
Ohio friends: Can you believe all this madness?...chains are legal? 4WD vehicles? snow covered express ways? no salt?
Washington friends: I guess this is normal...


Found a spot on the 'street' and got all our stuff lined up and ready to go!


We picked a perfect day...the Pass got about a foot of fresh powder that day, and there was barely anyone else there to pack it down (except for 150 Australians...but they mostly hung out inside.)

empty....


I snatched up a great pair of skis (at an even better price) at our recent garage sale at REI. I was finally able to get out and break 'em in. They were pure butter.


Taking a break for pizza and beer.
The gang: Lisa, Sarah, Eric, me, Kirsten, Chad (taking picture)


Sarah and Lisa after a few drinks


Kirsten and I sporting the bling.
I couldn't even see out of these things!...come to find out I was using night goggles.



After a round of drinks the more-experienced skiers took us less-experienced skiers on a couple larger runs (seemed like a fantastic idea after a beer.) This was before the frustration set in...still in good spirits: Chad, Lisa, Sarah, me (where's Yates?....must've gone in for another Irish Coffee)


My chair lift buddy: Lisa


Sarah and I gettin' nuts on the chair lift.


After a long hard day of skiing...we head in for one more beer.
Was this picture taken in the 70's? Hold on...let me get out the slide projector...


It was a great, fun day of skiing with friends!


I love how the snow is so blue out here.


Quiet winter scene

To view all pictures from this event:
http://picasaweb.google.com/thetrislers


No comments: